Mark filled in from Ice Station EIB in New Hampshire. Check out Mark's Stack for links, audio clips and more. Rush returns on Wednesday, June 5th.
"To have a tax code this big, this bloated -- with so many complicated, contradictory exemptions all snaking and intertwining each other like spaghetti -- is a disgrace to any free society." -Steyn
Full-Blown Banana Republic
"When the tax collection agency is corrupt, everything is corrupt." -Steyn
- RCP: Pelosi Blames "Bush Appointee" for "Politicized" IRS Scandal
- DC: IRS Official Lerner Speedily Approved Exemption for Obama Brother’s "Charity"
- DC: Tax-Exempt Obama Foundation Doesn't Exist at Listed Addresses
- FP: Obama’s Brother’s Non-Profit Tied to Genocidal Muslim Dictator and Terrorists
- TH: IRS Commissioner's 118 Visits to the White House Were Abnormal
- WT: Conservative Groups Sue IRS, Demand Approval
It's Your Government!
"Eric Holder is stunned and deeply troubled to discover that he personally approved a decision to subpoena Fox News telephone records. Eric Holder had no idea until he read it in the Washington Post over breakfast after reading the Style section piece on what fabulous shoes White House counsel Kathy Ruemmler wears." -Steyn
- NBC: DOJ Confirms Holder OK'd Search Warrant for Fox News Reporter's Emails
- WP: Report: Eric Holder Feels Remorse Over Fox News Case
Homage to Michele Bachmann
"Michele Bachmann is like a lot of successful Republican women. She took a ton of heat about everything. There's something about successful Republican women that so-called liberal feminists seem to absolutely loathe." -Steyn
- WP: Minn. Rep. Michele Bachmann Says She Won’t Run for Re-election in 2014
- WT: Rep. Michele Bachmann Won’t Seek Re-election to House
"At her best she could have been America's Thatcher." -Steyn
More Stories Discussed on Today's Program...
"The Ricky Martin of the Republican Party, Lincoln Chafee, has finally come out and announced that he's joining the Democratic Party." -Steyn
- NYT: Some Germans Balk at Plan to Use Drones to Fight Graffiti
- Politico: Sources: Lincoln Chafee to Switch Parties
- NBC: Red Cross Building Attacked in Afghanistan; at Least 2 Dead in Suicide Blast
- HP: Harry Reid: Getting 60 Votes for Immigration Reform Will be "Pretty Easy"