Snowden on the Run
- Reuters: Snowden Whereabouts Unknown as Russia Resists US Pressure
- Washington Times: Support Grows for Petition to Pardon NSA Leaker Edward Snowden
- New York Times: Plane for Cuba Leaves Russia, but Snowden Is Not on Board
"Why would a young man give up his life for a bunch of people, ourselves, who he doesn't even know? He had a lot of guts to do what he did." -Urbanski
Snowden: Whistle-Blower or Traitor?
"It took Snowden to prove to you and me that our worst nightmare has come true. The United States government spies on its own citizens. It's not because you're criminals or terrorists, but because they feel that they can. That's why you're seeing the words of Paul Revere pop up all over the Internet next to his name." -Urbanski
"It is an enormous sacrifice this young man has made, based upon what we know now. Moreover, and I think this gets lost in the conversation, this is not about our enemies. This is about us." -Urbanski
Immigration Bill Debate
"We learned nothing from the rushing through of the monstrous health care legislation. This is not just Congress failing the American people. The administration is just as much responsible, if not more so -- and they're going to vote on this immigration bill without even reading it!"
- USA Today: Last-minute Wrangling on Sweeping Immigration Bill
- FOX: Sen. Sessions Warns Senate Poised to Vote on Immigration Bill "No One Has Read"
- CNS: Schumer Sees "A Million People on the Mall" If GOP Blocks Immigration Bill
"There is no immigration crisis. There is no gay marriage crisis. There is no gun control crisis. There was no health care crisis." -Urbanski
Other Stories that Doug Touched on...
- Herald: Governor Chris Christie Orders Flag Lowering for NJ Native James Gandolfini
- USA Today: Obama to Address Climate Change in Speech Tuesday
- Reuters: Putin Beefs Up Kremlin Control Over Economic Policy
- New York Times: Nelson Mandela in Critical Condition for Second Day
- FOX: Obama Leaves Father's Birthplace Kenya Off Itinerary for Africa Trip