Detroit: Where Liberalism Goes to Die
"Detroit was the industrial powerhouse of the world two generations ago. It had the highest per capita income in America in 1960. Nobody did a thing to Detroit. Detroit did this to itself. It's a one-party state. There hasn't been a Republican mayor since 1961." - Steyn
- WP: Detroit Files for Bankruptcy Protection
- UK Telegraph: "Motor City" Detroit Files for Bankruptcy with 100,000 Creditors
- AP: Snyder: Some Detroit Creditors May Never Be Paid
- National Review: Detroit Goes Down
- Breitbart: Flashback -- Biden: Romney Would Have Let Detroit Go Bankrupt
- WSJ: Detroit’s Bankruptcy: 40% of Street Lights Don’t Work, 66% of Ambulances Out of Service
- CBS: Should Hamtramck Erect A 12-Foot Wall to Keep Out Detroiters?
- CBS: Mich. Burger King Patron Finds Marijuana Pipe in Kids Meal
"What happened to Detroit ought to be a source of shame for all Americans, and a warning, too. As Thatcher would put it, 'They eventually ran out of other people's money.' If you loot the future to bribe the present, you eventually lose." - Steyn
"There was a fabulous tweet on the Internet yesterday. 'If Obama had a city, it would look like Detroit.' That sums it up." - Steyn
The Sentimentalism of Trayvon
"Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in an encounter that none of us were there for or will know the truth of, but the sentimentalism of him when it's indulged in by the president of the United States is actually an assault on the impartiality of justice itself. It's the state intimidating an individual." - Steyn
- Washington Free Beacon: Iran’s Mullahs Demand Justice for Trayvon
- WLS: Brad Thor Offers to Buy Zimmerman a Gun
- Breitbart: Obama: "Trayvon Could Have Been Me"
James Carter Talks Taxes
"New Zealand figured out that if you incentivize people to keep their money overseas there's no point to having a New Zealand company as such because it never brings the money back to New Zealand to invest it in the New Zealand economy. And that's exactly what's happening with American companies right now. Everything just stays abroad." - Steyn
More Stories Discussed on Today's Program...
- Haaretz: A Kosher Climax: Wet Personal Lubricants Get Rabbinic Certification
- New York Post: Taxpayers Footed Bill for Eliot Spitzer’s Trip to DC for Dalliance with Ashley Dupré
- Politico: Man Cites Joe Biden in Shotgun Defense
- CNSNews: McCain: I Don't Know How Many Passports We Let You Forge
- National Review: Holder, Racism, and Our "Nation of Cowards"
- UKDM: Rae Dawn Chong Drops the N-word as she Launches Scathing Attack on Oprah Winfrey
- Washington Post: Bill Nixing Official Portraits Advances in House