The Left is "Making" Me Care about Duck Dynasty
"The left doesn't want you to talk about the real Christmas. Pretty soon we'll all be on 'winter holiday.' It is anathema to them that people can believe anything. The left's doctrine in secular America is you can believe in nothing because then you can believe everything." -Erickson
- Breitbart: Piers Morgan: First Amendment "Shouldn't Protect Vile Bigots" Like Phil Robertson
- ABC: Judge Orders Colorado Bakery to Cater for Same-Sex Weddings
- SeattlePI: New Mexico Becomes 17th State with Gay Marriage
- NewsBusters: Flashback: Terry Bradshaw on Duck Dynasty’s Robertson: "That Guy Kept Me On The Bench For Two Years"
- The Hollywood Reporter: "Duck Dynasty" Family: "We Cannot Imagine the Show" Without Phil Robertson
- USAToday: Pa. Pastor Faces Church Trial Over Son's Gay Marriage
- AFP: Death Toll in Central African Republic Attacks Even Greater Than Thought, Say Amnesty
"Hundreds of Christians were killed in a Muslim uprising in Nigeria. The left doesn't want you to pay attention to that. They want you to pay attention to Phil Robertson." -Erickson
"A&E, they can do what they want to do. If they want to throw away this money and throw away the ratings and let somebody else have it, they're free and clear to do it. It's called 'unfettered capitalism.' Ahem, ahem, ahem." -Rush
Events Change Things
"Rush is always willing to call it like he sees it. He's not gonna apologize for it and he's not gonna give a party line. You give a party line and you give a pass. That's the problem the Democrats have right now. Look at 'em! They are be-clowning themselves letting Obama get away with stuff they would have never let Bush or Halliburton get away with." -Erickson
- Bloomberg: Obama Lifts Health Mandate for Those With Canceled Plans
- Weekly Standard: WH Won't Say Whether Anyone Will Have to Pay Obamacare Penalty in 2014
- National Review: Who Says Obama Hasn’t United the Country?
- Washington Times: D.C. To Tout Obamacare Among Youth Waiting For Air Jordans
- TPM: Officials: People Returning To HealthCare.gov "In Droves"
RushLimbaugh.com: The Pop Culture Will Never Abandon Obama
"I just think you get to a tipping point. ... I think the more bungling and the more experience the low-information voters have with all these bad Obamacare policies that are gonna cost 'em a fortune, and the more negative experiences they have, I think they're gonna be primed to listen, and they're gonna hear it." -Rush
Erick's Lifelong Dream of Filling in for Rush Comes True
"There's one thing I've always wanted to do in life; it is fill in behind the Golden EIB Microphone. I've been wanting to do that since I was 18 years old." -Erickson
"I put the 'fun' in fundamentalism. I am an evangelical Christian. I believe that men are sinful creatures and that's why I want small government. I want as few sinners in charge of me as possible. The Democrats, they don't care. They're happy to have big government, the waste, the fraud, the greed, the corruption. This is why conservatism is the only legitimate political philosophy." -Erickson
More Stories Discussed on Today's Program...
- CNN Poll: Congress Neck-And-Neck With Car Salespeople, Lobbyists For Least Honest
- WTOP: Man Proposes to Girlfriend During Arrest (Video)
- Boston Globe: Patrick's Cousin Gets Presidential Clemency
- NBC: Obama: 2014 Can Be a Breakthrough Year for America
- Bloomberg: Podesta’s Push for Executive Power Raises Stakes on Obama Agenda