RUSH: Details on the Fox News report about the remaining charges against the Duke Lacrosse players to be dropped soon:
‘Inside Lacrosse Magazine writer Paul Caulfield told FOX News on Thursday that several sources have revealed to him that the assault and attempted kidnapping charges still pending against Collin Finnerty, 19, of Garden City, N.Y.; Dave Evans, 23, of Bethesda, Md.; and Reade Seligmann, 20, of Essex Falls, N.J., will soon be dropped. Caulfield said his sources include more than just attorneys for the defense. ‘There is no case here and they will be hearing a dismissal in the coming days.”
Something that leads credence to this is that the news earlier in the week was that the special prosecutors appointed by the North Carolina attorney general’s office have been trying to interview the accuser, and the accuser is just all over the ballpark (as she always has been). She’s unwilling to be cooperative. The second woman has now gone silent. So it’s going to look bad for Mike Nifong out there. It always has, and has for the longest time.
But this is not official yet. I caution you on that.