RUSH: ‘Political pundit James Carville has sent out a mass e-mail on behalf of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee seeking ‘the bumper sticker slogan that will carry us through the 2008 elections.’ The e-mail to presumed Democratic supporters states: ‘We need a turn of phrase that really jumps out and tells you right off the bat what this election is all about. In 1992, it was ‘It’s the Economy, Stupid.’ In 2006, Democrats simply said, ‘Had Enough?’ We got a few ideas … Take a look and then, do us the favor of voting for one of our top picks. But if you got something better, we’ll throw that in the mix too.” Now, here are their bumper stickers they put in this e-mail:
• W Is Out – Send the Right Wing With Him
• No Republicans Left Behind in D.C.
• What Have Republicans Done for You Lately?
• 2006 Was Just the Beginning – More Dems in ’08
How bland! How absolutely boring and uninspired. I worked on a few of my own, Mr. Carville. Put this on your list:
• Vote Early, Vote Often, Que Pasa
• LBJ’s Great Society: One More Decade Oughta Do It
• Dumb it Down for Democrats in ’08
• We’re Winning, Let’s Quit
• Democrat Victory Through Defeat of the United States
Any number of ideas work here.