I want you to listen here to the co-host of ABC’s Good Morning America, Chris Cuomo, on the program Good Morning America today. It has to do with something we discussed yesterday.
CUOMO: And that’s the key distinction, having all this inhaled at the workplace as opposed to what can happen in your home and my home. If this is true, that people at home eating popcorn can get popcorn lung, it creates an entirely new level of concern.
RUSH: Now, Chris
This is bizarre. ”He really liked microwave popcorn. He made two or three bags every day for 10 years,’ said William Allstetter, a spokesman for National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Denver where the man’s respiratory illness was diagnosed. ‘He told us he liked the smell of popcorn, so he would open and inhale from freshly popped bags.” He was huffing it, exactly right. So you snort popcorn fumes from three bags a day for ten years, and you might get popcorn lung. This reminds me of the way they banned saccharin in this country once before. They shot up a bunch of rats, a bunch of mice with the equivalent of five years worth of consumption of saccharin. They died of bladder cancer. ‘Ooh, saccharin causes cancer. Get it off the market.’ We eventually had to get it from Canada. It eventually got back on the market, but it destroyed Tab, which deserved to be destroyed because that stuff was horrible. That was the most rotgut diet drink. I remember my mom and dad forcing that — oops, sorry, talking about myself. I’m going to turn over a new leaf, ladies and gentlemen. I’m being too arrogant, too self-absorbed. I’m going to stop talking about myself. Folks, don’t worry about popcorn lung unless you’re out there snorting the fumes from the bag, and you gotta be doing it to a lot of bags.