×

Rush Limbaugh

For a better experience,
download and use our app!

The Rush Limbaugh Show Main Menu




RUSH: Matthew, Richmond, Virginia, welcome to the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: Hey, Rush, it’s an honor to speak with you.

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER: I am a conservative college student at Virginia Commonwealth University here in Richmond.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: And I have a history class this semester, and the professor, we started talking about modern Russian history, and the professor starts going through Lenin’s economic program, and in the same breath starts praising Obama’s economic policy about its fairness and inclusiveness, and the indoctrination that’s going on in universities and in public education. Rush, it’s frightening.

RUSH: Now, let me ask you a further question. Was he praising Lenin and his economic program?

CALLER: He was praising Obama’s economic policy and kind of paralleling it to what Lenin was doing with restoring wealth to, like you say, the rightful owners, about attacking capitalism and attacking business owners and instead returning, I guess, the voice of the people —

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: — back to the working class.

RUSH: I just want to make sure because this is profound. We’ve had Fidel Castro praising the health care bill. Now you’ve got a history professor analogizing Obama’s economic plans to Lenin’s.

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: Well, there you have it. I mean you obviously have a communist professor.

CALLER: Oh, I have numerous communist professors. And at the end he’s asking if anybody disagrees, and obviously my hand shoots up. And I start going through everything, with cap and trade, with health care, and he goes, ‘What do you think Obama’s agenda is?’ And I said, ‘We have a president now who is trying to destroy private enterprise every chance that he has.’ I said, ‘Everything’s about control. It’s about making people so dependent on government that they garnish votes for the Democratic establishment.’

RUSH: So what did this commie pinko professor say to that?

CALLER: You can’t counter it. That’s why I’ve learned that liberal argument is 99% emotional based and the other 1% that’s actually facts is generally skewed or they’re completely misrepresented.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: And so he started just painting me as the evil capitalist conservative and he as the compassionate liberal.

RUSH: Yep. You nailed it. Exactly right. Has this hurt your grade any?

CALLER: No, I think he’s realized that I’m not going to back down. It’s page one out of the liberal handbook, if you can’t silence the opposition just try to attack it, so he tries to attack me personally in the class but my grade hasn’t been affected.

RUSH: If you can’t silence it, attack it. (laughing) If you can’t silence it, offend it.

CALLER: Right, that’s exactly right. That’s what the left is doing with the tea party movement. I’m a tea party patriot and speaker here in Richmond and it appalls me to see what the left is doing. And you have people in the democratic process who are coming out to oppose Obama —

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: — people from all walks of life, conservative and moderate Democrats —

RUSH: That’s right.

CALLER: — they’re being called racist.

RUSH: Yep, they’re trying to recreate the whole civil rights movement here around this health care bill. Anyway, Matthew, I’m glad you called. Thanks much.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This