RUSH: “Covington High Student’s Legal Team Sues Washington Post — Attorneys representing the Kentucky high school student [Nick Sandmann] involved in a confrontation that went viral on social media last month announced Tuesday that they were suing the Washington Post for $250 million in compensatory and punitive damages.”
By the way, $250 million is exactly the amount Jeff Bezos spent to buy the Washington Post back in 2013. I don’t know if that’s a coincidence or a targeted figure. Now, the lawsuit was filed in federal court in Kentucky where the boys have a tremendous amount of local support. The lawsuit accuses the Post “of practicing ‘a modern-day form of McCarthyism’ by targeting Nicholas Sandmann and ‘using its vast financial resources to enter the bully pulpit by publishing a series of false and defamatory print and online articles … to smear a young boy who was in its view an acceptable casualty in their war against the president.’”
Bingo! Thank God for this legal team zeroing in on what the purpose of this was. A spokesman for the Washington Post said that, well, we’ve got nothing to say. We’re reviewing a copy of the lawsuit. But you can rest assured that we plan to mount a vigorous defense.
They make the point in the lawsuit that this kid barely weighs 150 pounds. There’s no way he could bully anybody, particularly surrounded by a bunch of bullies himself.
“The lawsuit claims the Post ‘ignored the truth’ about the incident and says the paper ‘falsely accused Nicholas of … “accost[ing]” Phillips by “suddenly swarm[ing]” him in a “threaten[ing]” and “physically intimidat[ing]” manner … “block[ing]” Phillips path, refusing to allow Phillips “to retreat,” “taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd,” [and] chanting, “Build that wall,” “Trump2020,” or “Go back to Africa,” and otherwise engaging in racist and improper conduct.’”
None of that happened! None of it! Not a single word of it happened out of the mouth of Nick Sandmann or any of the other kids from Covington. Not a single thing. And the Washington Post is not the only media reporting these outrages.
“Sandmann’s attorneys accuse The Post of publishing seven ‘false and defamatory’ articles about the incident between Jan. 19 and 21 and claim the paper ‘knew and intended that its false and defamatory accusations would be republished by others, including media outlets and others on social media.’”
Exactly right. Folks, you know it as well as I. It’s a classic illustration of media malpractice. This is not journalism. This is pure activism, the Washington Post and its reporters advancing an anti-Trump agenda along with everybody else who is in that camp of anti-Trump.
The president this morning quoted from the lawsuit against the Post and added his encouragement. He tweeted the following: “’The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.’ Go get them Nick. Fake News!” That’s from the president.
This stuff is so serious because there doesn’t appear to be any solution to it. The media’s not gonna self-correct. The media’s gonna have no conscience about this. The people that watch the Drive-By Media are gonna be totally duped by it. There’s no reason for them to doubt any of this, just like there’s no reason for them to doubt the original reporting about Jussie Smollett.
Nick Sandmann, the rest of his life is gonna be tagged with this. It’s always gonna be, if you look him up, applying for a job somewhere, you look him up, this episode and its original reporting is gonna be the first thing Google or any other search engine shows anybody regardless how this ends up.